Sign Up For News
More than 300 Americans are shot each day, and more than 80 of them fatally. In the U.S., gun violence claims over 32,000 lives annually. From 2002 to 2013, 38,576 Californians died from gun violence, including 2,258 children. Proposition 63 is California voters’ chance to save lives and stand up to the NRA. It’s time to take action to keep guns and ammo out of the wrong hands.
WHAT DOES PROP 63 — THE SAFETY FOR ALL ACT — DO?
- Removes illegal guns from our communities by ensuring that dangerous criminals and domestic abusers sell or transfer their firearms after they’re convicted.
- Requires any business that sells ammunition to report if their ammunition is lost or stolen.
- Requires people to notify law enforcement if their guns are lost or stolen.
- Ensures people convicted of gun theft are ineligible to own guns.
- Strengthens our background check systems and ensures that CA law enforcement shares data about dangerous people with the FBI.